Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pore Strips

So, here I am in Philosophy, learning absolutely nothing. Seriously, we've discussed the same point for an hour, and the Facebook of the person next to me is only interesting for so long. So I'll blog, since nothing on my To-Do list can be done in class (i.e. Practice bassoon).

Supposedly, using pore strips weekly will reduce the size of your pores. I've been using them on my nose for the last month or so, and I have noticed improvements. And yet, pore strips can get expensive. A box of 8 can cost around $6 (in my area, at least). So, I searched YouTube and discovered this video of this adorable Asian girl demonstrating how to make and use your own pore strips:




My mom and I tried this, and they really do work! We just have a few recommendations. Our microwave is more powerful than hers, so it really is important to test it on your hand. It also smells (and looks) like goo for Rice Krispie treats, so don't expect a sweet, fruity, manufactured smell. I got a little overzealous and applied it to my entire face. This really hurts when you peel it off. The skin on your cheeks (especially under your eyes) is really sensitive. Anywhere you have hair (i.e. upper lip) is really going to hurt. If it hurts too much to peel if off, though, you can just rub very gently with a warm, wet washcloth.

We had fun!

Love and Languishing (as I am in this class),
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment