Wednesday, March 27, 2013

101 Things Update - March 27

I did so much this past week!  And I've been busy at the start of this week, too, but I'm saving those projects for next week's update.  :)

7. Homemade Granola Bars.  

The Original:



Mine:


This is, of course, before I cut them into bars, but that's how much room they took up in a 9x13 pan.  I got about 12 decent-sized bars out of it.  I accidentally doubled the butter, so they tasted very very buttery, but still really good.  I'll definitely be making them again with the right amount of butter!

16. Cleaning schedule.  I checked out Martha Stewart's checklists that are so popular on Pinterest:



Then, I took out things that didn't apply to my house, decreased the frequency of some items, and increased the frequency of others.  It was interesting the things I thought should be cleaned every week that she thought should be cleaned every other week, or once a month.  And vice versa.  Anyway, I typed up my own schedule and put it in a 49-cent Salvation Army frame so I can use dry erase marker on it.  The top left is daily items; we don't check those off.  The rest of the top is weekly items, which I'll erase at the beginning of every week to start fresh.  Can you tell what my least favorite chore is?

The bottom part is things that only need to be done once a month.  I split them up into weeks so they'll get done on a fairly regular schedule.  

I already need to change things, but I'll go through a whole month (I started on a 3rd week) first to catch all my errors.


80. Energy Balls.  Here's another popular pin.





I followed her recipe (just without the chia seeds).  These were very good, fairly filling, and easy to grab when I was rushing out the door to work.


86. White Chocolate Popcorn.  I've made this for two Christmases in a row, but I really wanted to make it for a party, when we could just eat it instead of packaging it up to give away.  I made it for the Pretty Pink Princess Party this past Friday.


90. Pretty Pink Princess Party!  We originally planned this party because Claire, who loves all things pink and princessy, asked Chloe if there were more than 4 Disney Princesses.  We were horrified!  But then we realized that since she didn't come to America until she was 6.5, it totally makes sense.  But we still had to rectify her appaling lack of education.  So we invited Anna, who also loves pink and princesses.  We ate a lot of food, made Chloe do all our hair and paint all our nails, and watched Beauty & the Beast, Pocahontas, and Alice in Wonderland (not technically a princess movie, but very good nonetheless).  We're hoping to get together again to fill in more gaps (i.e. Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin, etc.).

Also, thanks to Claire for taking this picture with her phone, because all I could get were really blurry shots.  


Love and PINK,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment