Monday, May 20, 2019

A Baby Bear Hat

I found this adorable pattern for a baby bear hat on (where else) Pinterest.

I went ahead and made the hat according to the directions, but I didn't like that the back of the hat had a seam all the way down. For an older kid, or a baby not in a car seat, it would be no big deal. However, for a sensitive little newborn head, I wanted to eliminate the back seam as much as possible. So, I actually reworked the pattern. This was my third attempt, and I think it's adorable!


It's a little small on Micah here, but he was 6 months old when I did this, and it was for a newborn, so I think the size is just about perfect.


In order to eliminate the back seam, I had to add side seams. I don't think they detract too much from the cuteness, though! Plus, I was also able to eliminate some of the seam in the front.


Another project I've been working on lately are these embroidered felt heart magnets.


It's a fun little project that I can work on anytime and set down whenever I need to, so perfect for a mom with two kiddos.


And they make great gifts!


Love and Thread,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment