Thursday, April 23, 2020

Christmas 2017 (cringe) Round-Up Part 2

Here are few more photos I've been hanging on to for far too long.

I made some marbled clay dishes with Sculpey clay. Once they were baked, I used gold acrylic paint to 'gild' the edges. I glazed them with Sculpey's satin glaze.



I also made these super-easy mountain range photo holders.



I tried my hand at water marbling, a notoriously temperamental craft. I made some little votive holders. They're okay; not my favorite craft I've ever done, certainly.


Finally, one of my favorite projects was this peace wreath. I got the pattern from Betz White. I ended up making six of these, five for gifts and one to keep. The original had little blue pom-poms all over it like berries - they looked super cute, but I couldn't find any pom-poms small enough, so I left them off. I also simplified the embroidery on the dove, adding just gold stars instead of the foliage.



I've got one more post from Christmas 2017, then I think I can finally get a little less behind.

Love and Sculpey,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment