Monday, June 1, 2020

Some Recent Crafts

These are unrelated projects, but both too small of projects to merit their own post.

While at Meijer sometime last year, we walked past the hair things, and Jo asked if we could purchase some hair bows for her. I looked at the price, and thought, "I could make those from my scrap fabric and they would be cheaper, cuter, and sturdier." Some of the ones below will end up being gifts for others, but here's my first batch.


I used this pattern. They're super easy and simple to make. I chose to sew the bows onto an alligator clip instead of gluing them, because I feel like it's sturdier.

Another project I made was these mugs for my sister and her fiance (now husband). They are both huge book nerds and have (or almost have) degrees in English. Pete is working as a book agent, and Chloe aspires to be an editor. Because they are so bookish, I chose to make them bookish couples mugs. The first says, "Once upon a time..." and the second reads, "...and they lived happily ever after." On the handle is their wedding date.





I used my Pebeo porcelain pen for the words, but I also recently purchased a jar of Pebeo porcelain paint in gold, and it was fun to add details with that.

Love and Crafts,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment