Monday, February 14, 2022

Little Free Library

For quite some time, I'd been wanting to build a Little Free Library for our yard. Especially at the beginning of quarantine, when the libraries were closed for some time, I thought it would be a helpful service for the neighborhood. Of course, by the time I got one up, the libraries were open again, but now I'm prepared. :)

I found this cabinet on craigslist, and while I loved the basic shape, it needed to be a bit deeper. My brother-in-law helped me make the necessary adjustments. By which I mean, he did all of the hard work, and I sanded and painted.


We used some old sign boards from my dad's real estate business (they get new signs every time they change their name - and they change their name a lot). 



My dad had some metallic blue oil-based paint lying around, which he gave me. I kind of regret using this paint as oil-based paint is awful to clean up, and the inside of the library STILL stinks of it a year and a half later. But it is pretty.




This past summer, Jo had a lot of fun running around our yard taking pictures. She took both of these artistic shots of our library.



Love and Books,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment