Thursday, December 6, 2012

Spinach Smoothie

I never thought I'd write a post entitled that, but here I am.  If you've never heard of them, or at least never tried them, you'll probably have the same initial reaction everyone in my family did when I mentioned the idea - and honestly the same reaction I had when I first heard of it: "That sounds absolutely disgusting!!"

But I recently decided to give it a try.  I followed Pam's recipe from Keeping Life Creative.  I gathered my supplies:


And put (far more than) a cup of frozen strawberries in the blender.  I was afraid it would taste too much like spinach, so I went a bit crazy on the strawberries.


Then a banana:


And the juice: 


 And now for the spinach:


 One of these things is not like the others....


After blending for a while, it looked like this:


Kind of maroon with tiny green flecks.  Not so appetizing, but not as bad as bright green, either.


Finally, I added honey to sweeten it, and poured it in a glass.



To my surprise, it was pretty delicious.  It honestly even tasted like dessert.  A healthy version of dessert, but still dessert.  

Love and Spinach,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment