Wednesday, February 20, 2013

101 Things Update - Feb 20

I'm afraid I was not very productive this week.  I spent much of it preparing for our church's Ash Wednesday service, in practices for Sunday services and a Sunday night hour of worship, and preparing for Valentine's Day.  Here are the two things I actually did this week:

19. Anne of Green Gables Lemonade Syrup - freeze it.  I have a jar in the freezer.  Once it was cool enough to put into jars, I put them in the fridge to get even cooler, then I took the lid off of one of them and placed it in the freezer.  Once it was solid, I put the lid back on.  I'm excited to try it this summer!

48. Chocolate Lava Cake.  I made these in my new ramekins (and I used a glass container since I was seeing if it worked in those, too).  My mom came over to help me make these since we wanted to do them for her birthday this coming weekend.  We halved this recipe.  Now, we used two Hershey's Bliss chocolates as the truffles, and I think I pushed them in too far, because when we took the cakes out of their containers, the chocolates were stuck to the bottom of the ramekins, instead of in the middle of the cake.  Also, I think we need to get an oven thermometer, because even after 24 minutes in the oven, these weren't done.  However, the cake tasted fantastic, and I'm sure that if you're more competent than I am (or at least learn from my mistakes) you could make these, too!  As for my mom's birthday, we'll be trying something different, as I only have enough ramekins to make 8 and she wants cake for more people.




Love and Powdered Sugar,
Leah Joy

P.S.  I have the following projects started:

16. Start a cleaning schedule/routine
26. Lampshade with fabric strips (halfway done!)
39. Make legwarmers (I'm making them from a sweater)
43. Find containers for perpetual calendars.  I found one, but I need one more.
51. Flannel Infinity Scarf - We have pants; I just need to sew them.
82. Wreath is started!
90.  Our Princess Party is being planned!
95. Lemonade with Raspberry Ice Cubes (I have all the ingredients; I just need to make it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment