Monday, June 5, 2017

Hand-Sewn Owl Magnets

The setting: our kitchen, while making dinner
The situation: I was trying to think of a non-candle-or-lotion gift idea for my new sister-in-law

In desperation (he often has some strange suggestions), I asked Caleb if he had any ideas. He thought for a moment, and then said, "Owl magnets."

I paused. "...That's actually a good idea.  Sorry to sound so surprised."

A Pinterest search (of course) yielded some promising options, but in the end, I chose these:


These are originally from Petit Bout De Chou, and her pattern was clear and helpful.

I ended up making two sets of 3, and used them as gifts for two people.


I love how sweet and cute they are, and they're the perfect size.


Now I want to try making more animal magnets! (And I need to make some more for me, of course.)


I also got to learn how to do blanket stitch. I used Lauren Fairweather's helpful (and cheerful) tutorial.

Have you been trying your hand at embroidery? I'd love to see some pictures of it!

Love and Owls,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment