Thursday, August 27, 2009

Work, work, everywhere

Does anyone else find this? I see my job everywhere. I work 40 hours out of my week, but the rest of my hours are spent thinking about work. How annoying? Very. (To make the rest of this understandable: I work housekeeping at a university.)

Examples:

We have a keyless entry for our garage door, one of the push button PIN number thingamabobs. (Spell check says 'thingamabob' is a word. Impressive.) There is also a building at work that has a keypad to get in. Today, as I was closing my garage door in the morning, I started punching in the code for work. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Wow.

Or, I was in a public restroom today at our local farmers' market, and I found myself pushing the trash down to make more room. And picking up paper towel off the floor. And shining the faucet tops. I even did this at my cousin's wedding.

I *heart* my brain. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment