Monday, August 24, 2009

Coming Soon to a Blog Near You

Today is a ramble day. I'm planning something spectacular (with PHOTOS. and a LIST!) for later, maybe the end of this week or next week, but that is not ready yet. I have not found time to photograph the stuffed squirrel. Now you're interested. But you have to wait.

Does this happen to any of you?: The month-ends are so weird for me. Someone says something is happening September 1st, for example, and that feels so far away. But really it's a week from tomorrow. So when I say things need to be done before September, they wait until... well, the beginning of September to get done. But if I say the end of August, they'll get done.

Lately, I've been listening to a lot of Regina Spektor. I love her voice and her music. As for the lyrics, I just have to say that she's very... imaginative.

I just bought all of my textbooks. I saved a whole BUNCH from buying at the bookstore, but that's not hard to do if you buy anywhere else. Basically everything in the bookstore is a rip-off. My first semester, I spent $700 on books. Yes, $700. Granted, some of them were for 3 semesters, but still. That's ridiculous.

At the beginning of the summer, my older brother had a box of clothes to donate to Goodwill, but I got to them first and got three pairs of pants (and a Marvel t-shirt). One of those pairs has been designated as my "work pants". Well, they're kind of shorts now. As the summer went on, they developed huge holes in the knees, so I just cut them off (they were about halfway there already). Now they're developing holes in the butt and by my pockets (where my phone, keys and chapstick rub against them). I might have to patch them - but there are only 2 weeks left! They've made it this far!

Love and ... lunch,

LeahJoy

1 comment:

  1. My mom is using a Regina Spektor song for Zoe's grad slideshow. I think it's called "On the Radio."

    ReplyDelete