Thursday, May 28, 2015

Pi Day 2015

Hi everyone,

I know it's been a million years since I posted, or at least 105 days, but this time I have a really good excuse, and it's not insomnia.  Well, a little bit insomnia, but not mostly.

And since all three of my readers already know this, there's nothing surprising about this announcement, but I'm pregnant!  Woohoo!

Now, I was still absent for a month or so before getting pregnant, so I blame PVS.  You know, Post-Vacation Syndrome.  We had such a nice vacation and then I had to go back to real life and that was an adjustment.  And then I was throwing up all the time, and that part hasn't really changed, but I'm mostly adjusted to that routine now, too.

And now that I've mentioned vomit, let's look at some pictures of food!

This year was an epic Pi Day, because not only was it 3-14, but it was 3-14-15!  To celebrate, I wanted to make 3.14 pies, but that's kind of really hard.  Instead, I made 3.16666 pies.

2 of my whole pies were new recipes to me, but they're both keepers!

I made an apple berry pie the night before, and we ate it for breakfast.  It was delicious!



For lunch, I made a Dutch Apple Pie, and as always, it was fantastic.


For dinner, I made a chicken pot pie.  I've never made one before, but it was really delicious.  I was so proud of the pie symbol that I cut into the top crust, but as soon as I got it on and sealed, I realized that I had forgotten to add the spices to the filling.  I had to cut the whole top crust off, stir in the spices, and then 'paste' it back on.  It didn't look nearly as nice, but then the filling overflowed while cooking and ruined the pi symbol anyway.  Regardless, it was a very nice dinner!


I never thought I'd be sick of pie, but honestly, eating pie for every meal in one day is a bit much, even for me.  We had mini pies for dessert, but probably should have just saved them for breakfast the next day.


Love and Pi,
Leah Joy

1 comment:

  1. favorite part of this post: "and now that i mentioned vomit, let's look at pictures of food!" gosh, i love you. :)

    ReplyDelete