I've finally had time to sit down and work on the quilt again! I started by hunting down a piece of cardboard big enough to cut out a 9.5" square for a template. That was harder than it should have been, since we had just gotten rid of all our boxes. (I guess I need to stop cleaning the house, right?)
And then, believe it or not, the next step was cutting out all the squares. Maybe I should just stop trying to add text to this post and let you look at the pictures. :)
It's amazing how much of a difference trimming the blocks into actual squares made. They actually look like quilt pieces now!
Also, my trash was pretty, so I took a picture of it, because I'm eccentric.
I laid the squares out in several different configurations (spiral, diagonal, various stripe options) before settling on a pretty simple stripe pattern:
I then rotated a few blocks, but the final layout looks much the same. You can tell it's the final one because my Mom's shoe is the top corner of the picture. :)
Now to sew them! I have a lot of sewing projects lined up for me; I just need to actually start them. I have this quilt, a pair of jeans I'm going to attempt to tailor, little felt creatures for a mobile for Josephine, drool bibs (for Josephine, not me), changing table covers, various mending (boring), and a super-sparkly special project. :)
Love and Thread,