Monday, August 27, 2018

Jo's Halloween (2017)

Yes, I am very far behind on these posts!

Looking back, it's funny that Jo went as Elmo, since we've barely watched any Sesame Street in months. She's far more into Daniel Tiger now.

I found the idea for this costume with my trusty sidekick (Pinterest).


Jo and I went to Once Upon a Child and found red pants and a red sweatshirt. I decorated the Elmo face with felt we already had. For the tutu, I bought a roll of 6" red tulle from Hobby Lobby and made a waistband of elastic (already had). This is the kind of tutu where you cut strips of the tulle and tie them on the elastic. While it's a super quick way to make a tutu, it does not hold up well against long-term (ab)use by a toddler. However, it worked well for the day!

Now I need to start thinking about a costume for her this year. Any ideas?

Love and Tulle,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment