Saturday, February 6, 2010

Songs

So, I've been getting more into song-writing lately. I feel like that's one of my strong points. Since here, I've finished two really good (in my opinion) songs, and started about seven pretty decent ones. I'm kinda thrilled about that, actually. It's funny, though, how our song-writing assignments work.

Our first assignment was just to write a good chorus, and that turned into one of the unfinished songs I have so far. It's just a feel-good song. (It's going to be a techno/dance/rave song.) However, after that, things went downhill emotionally. Our next assignment was to write a song about pain. Mine is REALLY powerful. (It's one of the two finished ones.) It's really sad! I wrote it about rape, but my teacher said it could be taken as a political commentary, too. So, for our next assignment (write a Bible song), I wrote a political commentary. It could be taken as to the government today, or to the government of Jesus' day. Anyway, it's a pretty angry blues song. Our latest assignment is to write a song about anger. So again... a pretty angry song. Everyone here is going to think I have anger issues! :) Except that aside from those, the other songs I've written here are pretty happy. I wrote a duet love song (another finished one) and I just started one about how much I love mornings. I also have one started about my First Love and another about Lake Michigan. They're all very happy. I just can't seem to finish them.

Anyway, so I'm writing angry songs. :) There's your life update.

Love and Loquacity,
LeahJoy

No comments:

Post a Comment