Friday, February 26, 2010

Exciting Things

I am really happy today. So I thought I'd write a blog.

First of all, last night's show went really well... at least I think so. Every week, a set of us artists gets a band together and rehearses a few songs for a show on Thursday night. I was one of the artists to go this past week, but because of our Boston trip, we missed about three hours of rehearsals. "Hide and Seek" (the song) was coming along very slowly (because it's really hard) and even though the girls singing with me took like four extra hours out of their free time to do extra rehearsing, it was still not perfect. Wednesday, the day before the show, we got together at 10 pm to work on it. After an hour of rehearsal, we decided to change the song. At 11:00pm the night before the show, we took an hour and a half to learn a song I had just written. We practiced it again on Thursday for 20 minutes and that was all the rehearsal we had on that song. Despite that, my set went really well. And I am very pleased. :)

Then, Friday is laundry day. And I love the smell of clean laundry.

And Friday is also the day we get crazy good brunch - so I got bacon. Mmm. I love bacon.

And then I got an email from the CU music department - I might be able to graduate a semester early! That thrills me to my toes!

Anyway, I'm going to go try to write. This week's song-writing assignment is to write a song with which we could end a concert. Like, a "sum of me" song - If I had one last song to sing, what would it be? Should be interesting.

Love and Laundry,

LeahJoy

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, too bad about 'Hide and Seek', but way cool about your last minute composition! I shall expect to hear your songs when you return.
    I'm selfishly not wanting you to graduate early. It'd be GREAT for you and boring for me. :P

    ReplyDelete