Friday, April 2, 2010

Duck Hunt in the Kitchen

So, I'm sitting in the Café, checking my email. I just finished breakfast and this is my normal morning routine. Except that there's a guy in the kitchen working on the refrigerator. (Probably because there was a polar bear in there yesterday.) And he's using some piece of equipment that makes old school video game noises. It seriously sounds like Duck Hunt. Or some old school game. It's intensely amusing.

This morning, I had studio time from 5-9. I was in there getting ready at 4:55 and then ... no power. Just in the studio. The rest of the Barn was still fully lit. Christian and Caitlyn came down and we spent about half an hour flipping breakers trying to get it back up... but no such luck. So... then we went back to sleep. What a good story.

I'm really ambivalent about going home. I miss my family, I miss my bassoon, I miss my friends, I miss my bed (these mattresses are terrible!)... but I know things change. How will I fit back into my friend groups? Will things be awkward in certain relationships? And what about a job? I've got a few leads, but nothing certain yet. I know I still have a few weeks, but then again, what don't I plan feverishly weeks in advance?

Well, I have a sudden urge to play Atari-esque games... so I'll leave this for now.

Love and Licorice (Black Licorice, but not Dutch Black Licorice),
LeahJoy

No comments:

Post a Comment