Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Final Stretch

Things are winding down here at the CMC. Final exams are due tomorrow, along with our final masters. Our last show is tomorrow, and our last Game Tape (show review) is Friday. Saturday, we'll review our exams and then we have the CMC Grammies in the evening. Next week is packing up the campus, because they're moving to Nashville!

So yes, currently I am sitting in the Cafe blogging and listening to Norah Jones. Everyone else is working on their final. I do believe I am the only one who is done. That's because I obsess about things and I have learned to avoid procrastination. (One time, in high school, I had two huge projects due the same day and I waited until 11:00 the night before to start them both. Yeah, haven't wanted to procrastinate much since then.) So I worked on my exam for 4 hours a day for a few days so that I wouldn't have to spend all of yesterday, last night, today, and tonight finishing it like everyone else.

Our exam is really cool, though. There are sections on the Music Industry, Technical Terms, Faith and Culture, our personal growth, and songwriting. Mine is 61 pages long, because I had to include lead sheets and lyrics for every song I wrote this semester. (That took nearly 40 pages.) Anyway, we put it all in a binder, and we get to take it home. It'll be a great resource, I'm sure.

So yep, final show tomorrow night. I'm a stage hand. Not my favorite thing to do, but I do enjoy it, because I'm good at it. I like to run and fetch things for people. I'm also singing on one song. Michael's set didn't go so well last week... actually, it was dreadful because you couldn't hear his guitar. So he's going again this week, and he wanted to do one of my songs, because he wrote a great solo for it. Thankfully, all I have to do is sing. Then we have an after-party.

And Friday morning Game Tape, when we'll review the past two shows, since we didn't get to for the last one.

Saturday is Exam Review, and then Robbie and I and other people who have not yet decided are going to the Dumptique and then we're going to see Robbie's aunt and uncle's sheep! I'm so excited!

Saturday night is the CMC Grammies. We've submitted nominations and we'll vote on them tomorrow morning in Community Meeting. I'm so excited because we get to dress up. And I actually brought a dress with me! I have no idea why I packed it, but I did, and I'm really glad that I did.

This is the most boring blog I have written ever. If you made it this far, congratulations. I feel like I need to reward you with some hilarious witty comment, but I'm afraid my brain is a bit tired right now and I can't think very well.

So anyway. If you haven't seen this, you should. Someone took clips of the Jesus Film and dubbed over it. It's amusing, if slightly sacrilegious. Although, I'm not sure the Jesus Film is entirely Biblical, anyway.




Love and Lollygagging,

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment