Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Aftermath

My recital is over.
My paper (first draft) is turned in.
Thanksgiving break is nearly on.
(All my sentences end with prepositions.)

In one hour, one more boring hour of Philosophy, I'll have no more classes until Monday morning. Do you know how good that feels? 5 and a half days to relax, craft, sleep, work, and finish projects. Spend time with my family and friends. Get a Christmas tree.

I love Christmas trees. The family being together to go get it. Everyone laughing and trying to cut it down. Singing Christmas carols obnoxiously. Getting it home and in the house. Decorating it. Hiding candy canes. Bringing out all the Christmas decorations. The magic of it all. Seeing who can be the first one to put a present under the tree. And that's just one day of magic! We get a whole season of it!

What's your favorite part of Christmas?

Love and laughter,
LeahJoy

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part of Christmas is.....unpacking all of the precious handmade ornaments from years past. (I have some very sweet ones from a certain little niece.) Decorating the tree is a sentimental time for me, punctuated now by kids yelling, "Don't break that!", "Hey, that's mine!", and "Quit hogging the ladder!!". Not quite a contemplative time anymore, but an enjoyable one, as we are creating our own traditions. I love you!

    ReplyDelete