Thursday, December 16, 2010

So Apparently I'm a College Graduate

This is going to take some getting used to. (I think that preposition is okay because it's part of the verb.) I know I'm done with school, but I still feel like I'll be back there on Monday writing papers. Or next semester.

Nope. I'm done. That's a big concept and I can't quite wrap my head around it.

So what have I been doing with my time? Well, babysitting, sneezing, trying to pick out songs for my coffee house gig tomorrow night, blowing my nose, tidying my room, coughing, being miserable. Okay, it's not all that bad. But I've normally got the immune system of ... well, someone with a really good immune system. I get really sick once every 2 years or so. Well guess what. The last time I got sick was 2 years ago. Guess I was due or something. It started Saturday night with a little sore throat, which was a big sore throat by Monday. Starting Wednesday, the pain moved to congestion and today I've used about 549843189 tissues. (Yes, I did just bang my fingers on the keyboard.) I'm getting better, though. I should be able to do my show tomorrow night.

Anyway, being sick isn't really that interesting.

I just wrote a song tonight. It's about blue eyes. Okay, so you know that guy about whom I wrote like 14 songs? I think this is the last one for him, because it's a transition song to another guy with blue eyes. Here's a sampling of the lyrics:

Eyes like ice
Eyes like steel
Everything he couldn't feel
I wonder that I let him stay so long

Blue eyes are cold
Blue eyes can't feel
Blue eyes
Blue eyes aren't real
I swore I'd never love blue eyes again

Eyes like ocean
Eyes like sky
Eyes that take me by surprise
I wonder if you'll let me come along

So it's still a work in progress, but it's really beautiful (if I do say so myself) and I'm pretty excited about it.

In other news, I spent about 12 hours today sitting in this chair, picking out songs or getting distracted from picking out songs, so I think I'll move my sorry butt over to bed now and get some extra sleep (yay health!).

Love and sneezing,
LeahJoy

No comments:

Post a Comment