Friday, April 22, 2011

Let's Be Honest

First of all, it's been too long. I have excuses. Good ones this time. My grandpa died a couple weeks ago, and life has been hectic.

Second, no Theology this time. Though it would honor my grandpa's memory, it's not happening tonight. Honestly, I'm just waiting for my nail polish to dry so I can go to bed.

Third, I just realized how like my grandpa I am. I've always known I got the whole no-condiments thing from him, but I just realized that we both love Theology. I guess he can read long books about wars and grow dahlias though, and I can not. :)

Fourth, sometimes I get really angry when people pray. Or annoyed. Or frustrated. Maybe I'm not supposed to analyze your prayers. But I do. I hate it when people are constantly super super reverent. And I hate it when people are constantly too "friendly" ("Hey Jesus. What's up?"). (I see that last one a lot with college students. Yes, Jesus is your friend. He's also a holy God who put you into this world and can take you right back out of it.) I think there should be a healthy balance between "Jesus is terrifying" and "Jesus is my best buddy".

Also, God's name is not a comma. Or are you reminding Him of His name? Or perhaps you forgot to Whom you're praying? Why must you say "God", "Lord Jesus", or "Father" every two words?

And the word "just"? UGH. "Just give us peace. And just give us strength." Okay, which one do you want? Because 'just' means precisely, or only. So do you want God to only give you peace, or only give you strength? Maybe I'm over-analyzing this. Okay, I know I'm over-analyzing this, but I wish people (myself included) would stop overusing the word "just", when speaking to God and the rest of the time, too!

And finally? Why do you ask God to come and be with you? If you are a follower of Christ, God is already with you. You can thank Him for His presence, but asking for it is completely unnecessary.

Rant over. Thanks for letting me be honest with you. :)

Love and Nail Polish (Just a clear coat),
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment