Wednesday, August 28, 2013

101 Things Update - Let's Review (August 28)

I haven't updated you all on 101 Things since the beginning of the summer. I did a couple of things over the summer (I'll review those each individually next Wednesday), but for today, I thought I'd give an update of the whole project over all.  You can totally skip this if you're not interested.  :)

Projects Completed:
3. Pizza braid
4. Make biscotti.
6. Fruit puree popsicles
7. Homemade granola bars
8. Ring hanger for kitchen
9. Towel rod/hooks in bathroom.
12. Learn a new crochet stitch and make a scarf from it.
14. Organize under kitchen and bathroom sinks.
15. Try stripping fireplace - more on this later. I have it as completed because I did try. :)
16. Starting a cleaning schedule/routine.
17. Scones.
19. Anne of Green Gables lemonade syrup - try freezing
21. Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider cookies
25. Curtains in kitchen
26. Lampshade with the tie-ons for yellow room
28. Bows from magazines
30. Slippers for me
31. To-Go Mason Jar Cup
35. Strawberry Freezer Jam
36. Organize kitchen cupboards
38. Curtains in Yellow Room
39. Make legwarmers
41. Lemon Loaf
42. Pizza Rolls
44. Homemade apple chips with cinnamon and sugar
45. Homemade soft pretzels
46. Iced Lemon Cups
47. Date Night Jar
48. Chocolate Lava Cake
49. Lava Cookies
51. DIY Flannel Infinity Scarf
55. White Chicken Chili
56. Crochet flower
57. Knit Dishcloth - new-to-me instructions
73. Read  Wheel of Time 4: Shadow Rising by Robert Jordan
77. Strawberry picking
78. Blueberry picking
79. Old Pen Cap Vase
80. High Energy breakfast balls
81. Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
83. Grocery List
86. White Chocolate Popcorn
88. Read Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding
89. Watch Bridget Jones' Diary
90. Pretty Pink Princess Party
91. Watch Ramona and Beezus
93. Read Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
94. Read Lady Susan by Jane Austen
95. Lemonade with Raspberry Ice Cubes
96. Nail art using tape
97. Make 2nd crochet sock
99. No-Sew T-Shirt Bag
100. Grocery Bag Basket
101. Read Black Beauty by Anna Sewell

You can read back over my 101 Things in 2013 blog posts to see reviews of each individual thing (new ones for the summer won't be up until next week, but you should be able to find everything else).  Search by clicking the "101 Things in 2013" tag at the end of this post or in the Blog Labels section in the right-hand sidebar.  You can also check out my Pinterest board for completed projects.  There is a mini-review of most projects included in the pin.

Here's what I still have to do:

Projects Still to Go:
1. Try a homemade disinfectant.  
2. Lose 10 lbs.  This is turning out to be more difficult than I thought it would be.  I may or may not share more about that later.  
5. Curtains in living room.  I am having a hard time figuring out what style of curtain/shade would look best, so I haven't done anything yet.
10. Apple pie cookies.  I'm waiting for fall apples to make these.
11. Oatmeal/Lavender Face Scrub.  I actually have all the ingredients for this at this point, so this is something I can do.
13. Corn bags.  Chloe and I have plans to make these this fall.
18. Paint living room/hallway/entryway.  When we moved in, I thought I'd want to paint this area a different color.  I even picked out a pretty green.  Now that we've lived here for several months, I realize that I actually like the color that's in here.  We might patch it up eventually, but this item will most likely not be completed.
20. Real truffles.  Still hoping to make these.
22. Mario Chain Chomp Ornament for Andrew. 
23. Homemade bagels.  
24. Get a Christmas tree.  This is, of course, waiting until we're a bit closer to Christmas.
27. Learn to pipe frosting.  I don't have the tools for this.  I'm hoping to get them for my birthday.  :)
29. Clean the Dyson.  I was waiting until after we had cleaned up a gross mess, but then we borrowed my parents' shop vac for that, so I guess I could do this now. 
32. Homemade Oreos.  This requires piping frosting.  Or is at least a lot prettier if you can pipe frosting.
33. Homemade Onion Soup Mix.  I was waiting for fall on this, because the stuff we bake with Onion Soup Mix is more of a non-summer meal.
34. Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies.  I need molasses and it's never on sale!  I may just have to buy some anyway.
37. Curtains in office.  Similar to the living room situation.  Also, we thought that if I made shades for the bedroom, we could repurpose the current bedroom blinds to the office.
40. Oil cleansing face wash.  I've had the stuff all year - I've just never done it.
43. Find quart containers for perpetual calendars.  I found one - I need one more!
50. Ice Proofing Car with Vinegar.  Not really applicable in 80 degree weather.
52. Jewelry Organizer for Mom.
53. Water Marbling on Chloe.
54. Wax Paper/Crayon Chandelier.
58. Shades/curtains in master bedroom - I've been rather trepidatious to attempt such a huge project (I want to make actual functioning roman shades).  Maybe now that summer is over I can handle it.
59. Organize master closet.  I feel like this may actually be done on my side of the closet.  It's just something for which we both have to be in the right mindset.
60. Kitchen backsplash - budget.
61. Tile above shower - budget.
62. Paint breezeway floor - Needs to be thoroughly cleaned first. :)
63. Curtains in breezeway - Not until the floor is painted.
64. Write a song.  I'm not going to push it.
65. Fix up old guitar.  This is another thing I can do now that I have time.
66. Paint office.  Like the living room, this one is probably not going to happen.
67. Batik with Chloe.  Hopefully coming soon!
68. Homemade soy wax candles - after batik.
69. Clean van.
70. Couples massage - Budget.
71. Paint/re-paint trim - Budget, since we'd have to buy more paint.
72. Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
74. Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton
75. Make your own pore strips - I have all the ingredients.  I only haven't done it because it takes more time than a regular pore strip, and it's just easier to use a store-bought one.
76. Rainbow Jell-O - I have the cups now, so I can do this!!!
82. Wreath - My wreath base is done (has been done for months), I just need to make attachable doo-dads.
84. Confetti wall for holiday - I have the sticky-tac stuff, I just need to find a good holiday. :)
85. Clean grout in bathroom
87. Sock Monkey for Anna
92. Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis - working on it. This is the kind of book to read slowly, one little section a day.
98. Soda Can Lanterns

If I didn't give a reason/explanation for any of these, it means I have no excuses. :)  I'm over halfway done though!  You can see these project pins on this Pinterest board.

Any questions or comments, let me know!  Have you been working on your own 101 Things in 2013 list?  I'd love to see an update!

Love and Patience,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment