Wednesday, August 27, 2014

101 Things Update - Summer Review Part 1

I didn't get quite as much done this summer as I had hoped, but I did make it out alive, so let's chalk the whole thing up to a win, alright?  Also, in the middle of the summer, our camera stopped liking batteries, so I've been making do with Caleb's tablet, but it's just not the same.

So, we'll start the list today and finish another day, but don't expect too many pictures.  Sorry.  :(

First up is Number 10 - Onion Soup Mix.



Gross.  In case you had no idea, turmeric stains everything yellow.  And this stuff just smells bad.  And I will never ever try this again.  Moving on.

I'm jumping out of numeric sequence just a bit because it makes more sense this way. Number 44 was Strawberry Picking.  We chose to go on a Saturday after it had rained nearly all week.  A lot of the berries at the farm were squishy or moldy because of the weather, and when we got 72.5 pounds home (to split between my parents and us), we had to triple wash all the berries because they were so dirty.  Pretty sure we picked about 5 pounds of dirt.  But then...

Number 46 was Strawberry Jam and that is a pretty good reason for living.  We also finished Number 33, which was Strawberry Rhubarb Jam.  This may shock you, since I'm normally obsessed with anything involving strawberries and rhubarb, but I'm not a huge fan of this jam.

Number 45 was Blueberry Picking.  This time, the picking was so easy, it was practically a joke.  Caleb and I picked 26 pounds in about 2 hours.  The blueberries were huge and delicious.  They practically fell into our hands.  It was perfect. :)

Number 58 was to wash our pillows.  This was one of those household tasks I didn't know you could do, but I'm now wishing I had done sooner.  It's easy, too!

And to wrap up today's post, Number 73 was to go to the beach, by which I obviously mean Lake Michigan.  Caleb and I did go there back in May, but it was about 50 degrees out so we didn't stay long!  However, I was able to go again this past weekend and it was delightful!  And I get to go again this weekend!  

Hopefully, the next part will feature a few more pictures for you. :)

Love and Boring Updates,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment