Friday, June 2, 2017

Life Update - 6-2-2017

Good morning, dear reader(s).

It's been quite some time since I updated you on my life. In fact, I went back through my most recent posts to try to find the last update, and it took me over an hour (I had to stop and read several posts) before I found a post with half an update from when I was pregnant.

So. Let's catch up.

It's been about a month and a half since my last post on here, which is actually maybe a record for my shortest hiatus. The reality is that I have no intentions of being a professional blogger. Karen from The Art of Doing Stuff tells us that to be a professional blogger, we can't just be good writers. We also have to be photographers, managers, marketers, schedulers, etc. And I have a lot going on in my life, and my blog will not take first, or even fourth place.

But I still want to keep this updated every so often. Even if no one reads anything I post, I blog to keep a record of what I make and do.  And if you read it, I hope you enjoy it. And if you don't enjoy it, then stop reading it. :)

So, what else is going on in my life?

I'm married. My husband needs attention because he's a human.

Josephine is now 18 months old. (That's 1.5, for you non-monthers.) She takes up a lot of time, in the best way possible.

I have a house to keep reasonably clean, and a family to care for.

I have friends. (Yes, I do.)

I sew. I bake. I run a small bakery out of my home kitchen. I create things.

I so desperately want to learn Dutch but can't make myself sit down to do it often enough. But should.

So my goal is not for my pictures to be pinned. I will not share all my posts to Twitter so that I get more traffic. I don't have time - and I don't really care. (And that's okay.)

If you read and enjoy, then I'm glad!

This post is maybe a little more rambly than I intended, but it does the job.

Well, I was going to write and schedule several more posts, but I spent all my time going down Memory Lane.

Oh yes, there's my secret. Now you all know that I write and schedule my posts. The truth is that I'm fairly good about taking pictures of everything I want to share here, but I let them pile up on my computer. When I do make time to sit down and write the posts, I write several at once and then schedule them at weekly intervals. The goal, of course, would be to schedule out enough so that they wouldn't run out until I wrote more, but that rarely never happens.

Well, I intend to get back here in the next week or so and write several posts. Let's see if I stick to that. :)

Love and Rambles,
Leah Joy

P.S. Hello, I'm now editing this (afternoon of June 2) to add this: Sorry, this post included no pictures, and I had a few to add, so here they are!

These 1st two are from Pi Day (hopefully that's obvious). I made two chicken pot pies for my family, and my pi vents worked!





















I also made a Dutch apple pie with pi on top. :)


I also wanted to show off some pictures of my Spring crocuses, just because they make me so happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment