Monday, May 10, 2010

Catching Up

Isn't that all I ever do here?

I'm back in Grand Rapids, of course. I just got a part-time job working at the local Salvation Army. I start tomorrow, training as a cashier. I've also been doing some yard work for a friend's friend, which has been nice. I enjoy a job where I don't have to work out afterwards. :) A LOT of raking is really good for your arms.

As of this morning, I have a bassoon back in my possession, and I have two weeks to relearn how to play for the Northview Alumni Band Concert. I also have my bass back, and I'd like to actually learn how to play it now.

So this summer will be filled with Salvation Army, yard work, bassoon, bass, (hopefully) drums, (hopefully) Farmers' Market, church band, a few gigs here and there, trying to write, filling in as a babysitter occasionally, taking voice lessons, and preparing for my senior recital. Oh, and a lot of reading, if I have anything to say about it. And I think I do.

And now I shall leave you with this:


Don't stop believin',
LeahJoy

1 comment:

  1. As always, thanks for making me smile! Sounds like you have a great summer in store! (and OUT of store too -tee hee!) Hope you find some cool things at the SA, since you might have more of a first pick. Love the "quints" - very creative he is.

    ReplyDelete