Wednesday, October 16, 2013

101 Things Update - October 16

I know it's been a really long time, and to have only three things accomplished seems paltry, but I should mention that I've been working on other projects: Christmas presents, trying new recipes in the slow cooker, cleaning my house and my mom's house and my aunt's house and my grandma's condo and my sister's bedroom, etc.  And I've also had to realize that I'm not going to complete all the projects on the list.  Some of them I've kind of 'replaced' with other projects, so at least I'm still doing things.  But really, how could I have known at the beginning of the year how things would go?  And even at the beginning, I knew that I couldn't do everything, so nothing lost.

Last week, I mentioned that I was going to work on this one:

11. Lavender Face Scrub


Like I said, it smelled good, but it's hard to say if it helped or not.  And then there were pieces of lavender all over my sink, which looked weird.  So I put them in the trash, which looked weirder, if that's possible.

32. Homemade Oreos.


I got to use my new decorating kit!  Okay, so no one could see how my piping turned out, but maybe that's for the best my first time around.


Chloe helped me with these.  We made round ones and butterfly ones.


Aren't they cute?  This frosting is spot on for Oreo frosting, and the cookies are just as delicious, if softer, than Oreo cookies.


34. Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies.  


Chloe also helped me with these.  The cookies are amazing, but we had a bit of a disaster with the frosting.  I never use shortening, but this was one case where butter didn't cut it as a substitute.  The frosting was really thin and salty.  We added a lot of extra powdered sugar to sweeten it up and hopefully stiffen it up, which it did, but not enough:


VERY MESSY!  Oh well, they still tasted good!

Love and Sugar Comas,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment