Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Another Day

So, I may be straying from normal crafting, photo-filled posts for this week at least, while I get back on my feet.  Yesterday, I washed Round 2 of the Mountain of Dishes (one more to go, I think), cleaned up my living room, vacuumed, tidied my kitchen (it still needs more), and made a fruit-fly trap.

I also hung Christmas lights outside, which is something I've never done before.  That was kind of fun, and mostly a reminder that we need to clean our gutters.  And by 'we', I mean Caleb.

Something else I've been doing this school year is learning Dutch with Rosetta Stone.  My sister is learning it for her foreign language for high school, and I wanted to learn, too.  I unintentionally took a week and a half off from that (I use my husband's computer and he had to take his microphone into work), so I did my first lesson back yesterday.  Because it had been so long, I had three review lessons before I could even start back up with the new stuff.  But I learned a lot of new words - like toilet, bathroom, kitchen, sink, and house, to name a few.

I also started working on Christmas ornaments.  You may recall from years past that I make one ornament in mass to attach with all my Cookie List gifts (and also give to family members).  Well, I'm not sure this year's ornament is as quick as previous years', but it sure is cute.  I've made four so far, and I've almost perfected the technique, so I'm sure I'll get quicker as I go along.  The good news is that it doesn't require tons of focus, so I can watch a movie or something while I'm working.

Well, I have more life to live today.  I'll write again later.

Love and Silver Thread,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment