Friday, May 9, 2014

101 Things Update - May 9 (Easter Baking)

So yes, Easter was a long time ago.  At this point, I'm just about caught up with my 101 Things projects.  :)

For Easter dinner, we ate with my parents, my two younger siblings, my grandma, and our frister (friend + sister).  My mom asked me to bring dessert (!!!) so I asked how many desserts I was allowed to bring.  She said, jokingly, that 4-5 ought to suffice.  So I made 4 desserts for Easter for 8 people.  And there weren't many leftovers.

Chloe came over to help me bake.  2 of the 4 desserts we made happened to be on my 101 Things list.  I didn't take very good pictures because it was Easter and I wanted to spend time with my family.

35. Nutella Hazelnut Truffles.  Here's the original:


I have to admit that we left out the hazelnuts (because I'm too cheap for that) and the alcohol (there would be 3 minors at the dinner).  These truffles were amazing!  I knew they would taste good but I was concerned that the Nutella flavor wouldn't show up.  In that case, you might as well just eat the Nutella with a spoon and then eat plain chocolate truffles by themselves.  However, we could definitely taste the Nutella; Caleb and I actually like these better than regular chocolate ganache truffles!


60. Make cinnamon chips again.  Recipe here:


As I've mentioned before, I used honey instead of corn syrup and coconut oil instead of shortening.  They turned out perfectly!  And then I made these:

81. Cinnamon Chip Scones

The Original:


Mine:


These scones are perfection itself.  They were the perfect texture, flavor, everything.  AND this recipe makes a good amount of them, too!  We made the smaller variety and this was the perfect size.

The last two desserts aren't on my 101 Things in 2014 list, but I thought I'd throw them in here anyway.  I made an apple crisp (no picture) and a strawberry tart.  It's technically a 'rustic' tart, meaning I didn't bake it in a tart pan.  Here's the original:


And here's the one Chloe and I made:


So, not very lovely, but it was very tasty!  :)

Love and Strawberries,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment