Thursday, May 15, 2014

Spring Cleaning Update - May 15

Today's post involves some really gross pictures.  Aren't you excited?!

First of all, I've finished my kitchen (3 days), bathroom (.5 day), guest bedroom/craft room/catch-all room (1.5 days), and master bedroom (1 day).  I also cleaned up in our hallway.  I still have the living room, entryway, breezeway, garage, general outdoor cleaning, and of course, our basement.

Today, my beautiful and wonderful aunt, mom, and sister are coming to help me clean up our basement.  And I owe them forever because our basement is a grime-fest decorated with cobwebs and mouse 'evidence'.  We did not clean it up when we were moving in because we had a limited amount of time and we decided to focus on the areas in which we'd actually be living.  And we have not cleaned it in the last year and a half that we've been living here.  Actually, Caleb swept up the mess once, but didn't throw away the pile of what he swept up, so it's just sitting there.  And I occasionally blow the dust off the top of the washer and dryer.  So yeah, it's pretty bad.

I was recently telling someone about how gross my basement is, and they told me that it wasn't that bad.  That confused me because this person hasn't seen my basement, so how on earth would they know that?  I'm sure they were just trying to be nice, but believe me, my basement is very gross and I am perfectly aware of that.

And here's photographic evidence:


This one is a little blurry, but you can see that there's grime, junk, and crud all over the floor.


This is just a sampling of the many beautiful nasties.


Dust and cobwebs everywhere.


Literally everywhere.

So, I hope you enjoy your Thursday.  I'm sure I will....

Love and Brooms,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment