Monday, September 8, 2014

Cupcake Chronicles: Rose Cupcakes

I was inspired by this video to make rose cupcakes.  You know, the ones where the entire cupcake is a rose.  They're so pretty in the video.  Here are mine:


The ones on the left are my first ones, and the ones on the right are after some practicing. :)  In case you couldn't tell.


In the tutorial, she said to add no milk to your frosting, but she must live in a very different climate, because the frosting was impossible to squeeze out of the bag with no milk.  I kept adding milk a tablespoon at a a time, refilling the bag, attempting a cupcake, 'finishing' the cupcake, scooping all the frosting back into the mixer, and repeating that until the frosting was actually pliable.

And you know what?  It still held its shape and was actually very stiff.


And they are really pretty.  My sister pointed out that the ones with jagged edges just look like carnations, so just pretend I meant to make carnations and roses the whole time. :)

I don't know that I'll ever be making this technique again, but it was fun to learn!

Love and Carnations,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment