Monday, October 13, 2014

My Birthday Cake

Learning to pipe frosting has been on my 101 Things list for a long time.  I was happy learning to make nice swirls on cupcakes, and I really don't have a desire to do anything super fancy, but I did want to learn to make buttercream roses.  I decided that once I could make a buttercream rose, I would have achieved my goal.


(Sorry, it's hard to get good pictures in my kitchen at 9:00 PM.)


I used these flowers to decorate my birthday cake!


My cake was basically one big experiment in techniques, so it's a bit of a mess, but it still tasted delicious. :)



The cake and frosting were both lemon, although the roses were made from leftover vanilla buttercream from another cake.

So, I can officially check that off my 101 Things list!

Love and #1M,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment