For my January house project, I didn't know if I wanted to do one bigger project, or lots of little ones. I ended up somewhere in between. Here's what got done:
1. Something that should have been a small project that ended up being a big project was to take down our Christmas tree. Photos of that fiasco in a bonus post tomorrow. :)
2. I wanted to put up a small table we had lying around where the tree had been to utilize the space for puzzle-making. This, of course, was a very small project, once we got the tree down. Thank you, Caleb, for putting this together!
3. We went to Lowe's and purchased supplies for 4-5 different projects.
4. I had multiple piles of clothes in my bedroom needing to be sorted and I almost got them there. :)
5. Our craft-storage-yellow room!
Everyone, my husband bought me a sewing machine!
And then my parents were getting rid of a desk, so I have a sewing machine table!
I hung some artwork, and doesn't it look cute?!
The heart is a piece of melted crayon art that Chloe, Claire, and I made.
The triptych at the top is a presentation of modern art in the style of Kandinsky's "Color Study", painted by Chloe, Jacob, and myself.
I LOVE how cheerful and clean it looks. Of course, what I carefully left out of the picture is this mess:
This needed to be fixed. So, one of the things we purchased at Lowe's was a 12-cube organizer. I finally put it together and set it up in the room:
So clean and pretty!
Now I just have to deal with this part:
But that, my friends, is for another day.
Love and Potatoes,