Thursday, February 12, 2015

5 Monthly Goals: January, Part 2

For my January house project, I didn't know if I wanted to do one bigger project, or lots of little ones.  I ended up somewhere in between.  Here's what got done:

1. Something that should have been a small project that ended up being a big project was to take down our Christmas tree.  Photos of that fiasco in a bonus post tomorrow. :)
2. I wanted to put up a small table we had lying around where the tree had been to utilize the space for puzzle-making.  This, of course, was a very small project, once we got the tree down.  Thank you, Caleb, for putting this together!
3. We went to Lowe's and purchased supplies for 4-5 different projects.
4. I had multiple piles of clothes in my bedroom needing to be sorted and I almost got them there. :)
5. Our craft-storage-yellow room!

Everyone, my husband bought me a sewing machine!

And then my parents were getting rid of a desk, so I have a sewing machine table!

I hung some artwork, and doesn't it look cute?!


The heart is a piece of melted crayon art that Chloe, Claire, and I made.

The triptych at the top is a presentation of modern art in the style of Kandinsky's "Color Study", painted by Chloe, Jacob, and myself.

I LOVE how cheerful and clean it looks.  Of course, what I carefully left out of the picture is this mess:



This needed to be fixed.  So, one of the things we purchased at Lowe's was a 12-cube organizer.  I finally put it together and set it up in the room:


So clean and pretty!


Now I just have to deal with this part:


But that, my friends, is for another day.

Love and Potatoes,
Leah Joy

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for new furniture and storage - have fun with the organizing! We currently have a full wall of cabinets, waiting to be assembled and installed in our office. We are waiting because I am completely (mentally, emotionally, and physically) booked with planning a Mother Daughter Tea for the elementary school. The event is next Friday, so after that, look out!!
    Love,
    AR

    ReplyDelete