Monday, February 2, 2015

Final 101 Things in 2014 Update, Part 1

Well, I'm afraid the end of this project got a bit sloppy picture-wise.  I have a handful of projects that probably deserved pictures that didn't get any, and then not great pictures for the rest.  So here are the things I finished with pictures.  I'll post another day about the items that didn't get finished.  If you're really curious about what I did finish, you can check out the Completed Projects board, and if you have any questions, leave a comment and ask me!  Right now, though, I feel like we need to move on and get to this year already. :)

First up is Number 27 on the list: homemade fudgsicles.  I followed this recipe (instead of the one I have pinned) and it was divine!  I used vanilla extract, not peppermint, because I wanted to make traditional fudgsicles.  They were so perfect and I can't wait to make them again!  Unfortunately, I ate them too fast to get a picture. :)  They look like fudgsicles. :)

Number 32 was Apple Honey Challah bread.  Chloe and I made this for our parents' New Year's Eve party and it was a huge hit!  It took several hours to make (granted, most of that was rising), and the rolls of apple-filled dough kept splitting, but in the end, this bread was totally worth all the work!  It is amazingly delicious.  I snapped a few photos with Caleb's cell phone, but they totally don't do it justice.



You can find the original recipe here, and it is a very thorough and helpful tutorial.

Number 87 was Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade.  Because of last year's Raspberry Peach Lemonade fiasco, I halved this recipe, in case I hated it.  Wrong choice.  This stuff is delicious.  It's a bit thicker than lemonade, but not in a gross way, and it tastes like someone mixed the drainings from a Strawberry Rhubarb pie into lemonade.  I want to drink this always!


91. Honey Wheat Bagels.  Blech.  These didn't really taste bad, but they also didn't taste good.  You know how you used to expect something whole wheat to taste - you know, before you found out whole wheat doesn't have to mean tough and bland?  Yep, these are tough and bland.  Plus, because I didn't devour them within two days, the last 3 ended up sprouting mold after only a few days.  Sad.  I'll stick to my other bagel recipes.


92. Make homemade bread bowls.  

They turned out alright:


And the taste was fine, but then when I added soup, the flavor combo got a little weird.

Also, I am excellent at ladling soup into bread bowls.  :)


And that's all!  Look for another post later this week with the list of things I didn't finish and my lame excuses.

Love and Dolphins,
Leah Joy

P.S. Yes, I am on vacation as this is being posted, but I scheduled it ahead of time so that you could actually get updated! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment