Lemon Week continues! We made 5 recipes, involving 10 pounds of lemons. We also made a mess.
But it smelled good. Even the trash smelled awesome for a while. :) Until it looked, as Chloe said, "like someone puked lemons."
But really, most of the recipes turned out great. I'd say 4 out of 5 is pretty good. I wasn't sure when to share the one that wasn't good, so I'll just get it over with today. I was really bummed that this wasn't fantastic. It sounds like it should be. Raspberry Peach Lemonade! I got the recipe here. Now, I did substitute honey for the agave nectar, simply because I have no agave nectar, and honey works the same way. Here's all the fruit in the pot. It's at least really pretty!
Maybe it's that my raspberries were frozen (but they've been fine before in other things). Maybe it's that my peaches weren't fully ripe (but they're fine in other things). I really don't know where we went wrong. Everything actually went fine until I got to the straining part. That took forever. I ended up mixing the puree with the water and lemon juice before straining it so it would go faster. Once this was finally done, we tasted it and it still needed something, so we added 1/4 cup of sugar. This helped, but it really did not make it worth all the effort. We eventually discovered that adding some Lemonade Syrup to it made it pretty good, but not amazing, and certainly not worth all the time and work we put into it. Which is a bummer. It's pretty, though!
Love and Grapefruit,