Monday, December 7, 2015

Baby Shower Food

My sister and our friend recently threw a baby shower for me (and Caleb and Baby).  Perhaps it was nontraditional, but my sister asked me to make cupcakes for the shower, and I whole-heartedly accepted!

I figured if there was ever a time to use my cute, pink sprinkles this was it.  However, I wasn't prepared for how super girly these cupcakes looked when I had a whole tray of them.  I had to take a picture: 



Chloe and I also made (finally!) rainbow Jell-O.  And you know what?  It's not that hard, nor does it take quite as long as I thought it would.  Also, using these 9 oz cups and small boxes of Jell-O will only yield 12 cups of Jell-O.  So basically, I've been putting off making rainbow Jell-O for no reason at all.

But it's pretty!  And it tastes good, too!  I thought it might taste cacophonous, but all the flavors blended well. 


We ended up doubling the recipe (so two small boxes of each color) to make 24 cups.  (Yes, you could also just use one big box of each color, but we had already purchased a little box in each color.)

Here's a picture of some of the food:


Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take any other pictures, but Chloe and Cara did a very lovely job decorating.  And Chloe rounded up enough mismatched teacups/saucers for everyone to use one!  They were super cute!

Love and Cupcakes,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment