Monday, August 29, 2016

Reversible Baby Bonnet

I found this adorable pattern for a sunbonnet (on Pinterest, of course) and since Josephine's sunhat was getting a little small, I decided to try to make it!


Here's how mine turned out ... the second time:



Adorable, right? Well, the first time I made it, despite following the instructions on the blog, the bonnet turned out a little small:


The instructions suggest tracing a hood that fits your baby, which I did. I also added in a seam allowance, but the pattern doesn't account for the stitch you sew in the back of the bonnet. You'l need to add a few inches in either direction to make up for that.

Josephine doesn't like things on her head.


Here's my cute little helper.



Love and Polka Dots,
Leah Joy

P.S. In case you're wondering, here's the size difference between the two patterns I made.


No comments:

Post a Comment