Monday, September 26, 2016

Felt Characters

So, before Josephine was born, I had this fabulous to plan to make her a quilt and two mobiles (one for above her bed, and one for above her changing table) and I was going to have them done before she was born.

Hahahahaha.

I didn't finish the quilt until she was 5 months old, and by the time I had the characters for the mobiles done, she was too old for a mobile.

Here are the finished characters.  In case you can't tell, I went with a Mario theme for one, and a jungle animals theme for the other.


I couldn't use them for a mobile, but I didn't really want them to just be toys, either (at least not yet). I worked really hard on these guys; I hand sewed each one. Josephine is still in the put-everything-in-my-mouth-or-tear-it-apart stage, so while these might be toys someday, for now, I made them into garlands for her room.


They hang above her changing station, so she can look at them while getting cleaned. :)


They all turned out pretty well, except the hippo. He's a little derpy. (But then again, so am I.)


I hung them with tiny clothespins. They're super cute, but also don't put any holes in the characters, so I can re-purpose them later.

I think the elephant is my favorite of the animals.



The fireflower is my favorite of the Mario guys.



Love and Embroidery Floss,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment