Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pieces of Thoughts Too Long to Tweet

My great-grandma (or someone like that) apparently had a box in her attic labeled "Pieces of String Too Short to Save".  "Why save them?" you may ask, and rightly so.  Because it was the Great Depression and she was Dutch, that's why.

Anyway, sometimes I have pithy thoughts (whatever that means) but they're longer than 140 characters, including spaces and punctuation.  So I thought I'd write a few of them here.

Some people will never be happy.  No matter what the circumstance or what you tell them, they will still find something about which to complain.

I once told someone I always check pockets before doing laundry and she told me she didn't have time to do that because she had so many kids and so much laundry.  I still don't understand this, because one tissue or pen can cause you to have a do a whole load over, if not ruin the clothes entirely, meaning you have to go shopping for more underwear or jeans or whatever, thereby taking up more time than it would have taken to just check the five pockets or whatever.  I figure you don't have time to NOT check the pockets.

Who decided that red and green are Christmas colors?  And then why do other people make home decor in those colors when it's not strictly Christmas decor?  I mean, really, why would you make an owl egg timer in red and green?  Is it supposed to be your Christmas owl?  Is this just a ploy to get me to buy two egg timers so I have one for Christmas and one for other seasons?

And now it's so definitely bedtime.

I made a mug for Zoe today using my new Pebeo Porcelaine pen.  I'm going to bake it in the morning and then fill it with Jell-O tomorrow night, so I'll let you know how it goes!

Love and Graham Crackers,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment