Monday, December 3, 2012

Browser Loyalty

I guess I can't really be angry at people for this, but I feel that it gets a bit ridiculous.

Have you ever heard someone say something like this?:

"I'd use Chrome more because it's faster, but I feel a loyalty to Firefox because it's what I got started on."

(But you never hear anyone say, " I'd switch to Chrome, but I stick with Internet Explorer because it's what I got started on.")

I understand loyalty to people.  I understand loyalty to certain companies or stores where you spend money.  (Like companies where even if they charge a little extra, it's important that what you have be the highest quality.)  But I don't understand loyalty to a free browser, when you feel another one is superior. 

It's free.
It's not like you've made a commitment.
IT'S NOT A PERSON.  IT DOESN'T HAVE FEELINGS.
IT'S AN "IT", FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

But really, I'm just ranting at my husband when I write this.

Love and Rainbows,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment