As we get closer and closer to moving, I thought I'd take a sentimental moment and give my "Bottom Ten" - the 10 things I really won't miss about this apartment! In no particular order:
1. Having pretty much one window. The one pictured below is technically the 2nd window, but I took this on a very auspicious day: the only day the top of that dresser has ever been seen. Usually, Caleb's things are piled so high (because the drawers are too tiny to hold his clothes) that we can't open those blinds.
2. Walking across this field every time I need to do laundry. Except in the winter when the water is shut off, and then I won't miss taking my laundry to other people's houses in order to infringe on their kindness, hospitality, and water.
3. Once I'm across the field, sharing these washers and dryers with summer staff, most of whom have apparently never emptied a lint trap.
4. Fluorescent, business-esque ceiling lights, in which lie the dead bodies of dozens of bugs.
5. Drop ceilings. Also business-esque. Further proof that as long as we live here, we are always at work.
6. Continuing on the ceiling rant, having short ceilings. If we have to remove a ceiling tile for me to be able to stretch, just imagine how bad it is for Caleb.
8. The ladybug infestation. Seriously, they're everywhere. And the crickets.
9. Indoor-outdoor carpeting. See above picture.
10. Our "kitchen" chairs (AKA upstairs office castoffs):
In all frankness, living here hasn't always been horrible. And while I'm sure I'll look back on these days with fondness, I'm sure it will be more because we lived here for the first year or so of our marriage, not because Caleb was constantly brushing ladybugs out of his hair.
Love and No-More-Ladybugs-Please!,