Thursday, April 10, 2014

Spring Cleaning of Epic Proportions

I really hate when people misuse the word epic.  For example, your cheeseburger is most likely not epic, nor are your skiing abilities.  However, though my Spring Cleaning list this year may not reach the qualifications of epic poetry, I do believe it fits the second definition of the word: 'extending beyond the usual or ordinary in size or scope'.  Why?  Because it is 116 items long.

And while some of those items are small (i.e. dust ceiling fan, wipe down bathroom mirror), most of them are vast in scope: wipe down all the walls in the whole house, clean out all the kitchen cupboards, etc.

Today, I'm starting on my kitchen.  It's the first room in the house people see, so I want it to look nice.  And lately I've been struggling to keep it presentable, so it's a good place to start.  There's lemon frosting splattered on the wall somewhere, my floor hasn't been mopped in an embarrassingly long amount of time, and my cupboards are not even close to being organized anymore.  So today, I'm holding an intervention in my kitchen.  I'll update you later on how that goes.

And don't worry, I took some before pictures so you can all revel in your own organizational abilities - or empathize with me.  Either way.

Love and Lysol,
Leah Joy

1 comment: