Monday, June 2, 2014

Our Yard - June 2

As this post goes up, I'll be starting my first day of full-time summer work this year.  So, basically, bye and I'll see you in 10 weeks.  

No, I still have a few posts that will be coming out this week and maybe next, but if, after that, you don't hear from me until August or September, don't worry.  I'll be back. :)

After the crazy windstorm fiasco we had earlier this year, a lot of work has been done.  Friends have come to take away tons of wood, and Caleb's brother came out for a day and cleared the smaller brush, then raked and mowed.  Now we just have stumps left:


I also got a hydrangea bush!!!


At the same time, I purchased two lavender plants and got those in the ground, but I don't have a very good picture of them, so just imagine them in your head.  Planting lavender was #20 on my 101 Things in 2014 list.


This little guy is Cornelius the White Pine, and until he gets too big for it, he'll be hanging out in this pot.  Isn't he cute?

Our next project will be replacing our mailbox post.  It's completely rotted underground, so every time we open the mailbox, the post leans a little more toward the road.


We have super nerdy plans for it, so stay posted for an update on that.  (No puns are unintended here.)

Love and Dandelions,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment