Monday, January 4, 2016

Hand-Sewn Christmas Presents Day 1: Kitchen Towels

This year, I sewed a lot of my Christmas presents.  While fabric isn't cheap, some projects require only a little bit (sometimes a little bit you have leftover from another project), and you can usually create something really special and handmade for the same price as buying something store-bought.

This week, I'll feature one hand-sewn project every day.  Maybe you can use them yourself for gifts this year.

Today I'm sharing this kitchen towel project.  I don't know if everyone grew up with hanging towels, but in every kitchen in my family, there was always a towel with a crocheted topper that would button on to a drawer pull or the oven handle.  When I saw a similar idea - only with fabric - on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it.

I looked on Amazon for towels, but couldn't find any I liked that had good reviews, so instead, I waited for a sale at Meijer.  I really like the towels I found, and the final product is very cute.  The only thing I added to the tutorial was top-stitching all the way around the top fabric.  The top fabric itself was leftover broadcloth from previous projects.


They were also easy to create assembly-line style, so this is a good gift to give to multiple people.

Love and Yellow,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment