Thursday, January 7, 2016

Hand-Sewn Christmas Presents Day 4: Clutch Purse

This clutch purse was by far the most intricate project I made for a Christmas present, but it turned out so wonderfully!  I followed this tutorial over at Elm Street Life.  It is a fantastic tutorial.  She gives photos and clear instructions for every single step.

For this project, I purchased a home decor fabric from Jo-Ann's in a solid grey.  I purchased a 1/2 yard, as the tutorial suggested, but just so you know, you could probably get two purses from that. (You do have to buy the 1/2 yard for the width, though.)  I had leftover unbleached muslin (from my Roman Shades) that I used for the lining, and leftover fusible fleece (from my purse).  I bought thread and a zipper to match the exterior.


I won't go into any more detail about the process, because the tutorial is so easy to follow and answers all your questions.


I'm extremely pleased with how this project turned out!

Love and Bows,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment