Monday, April 10, 2017

Sparkly Baby/Toddler Skirt

A while back, I found this magical organza-ish fabric on clearance at our local fabric store. They had bolts and bolts of it on clearance, and I so desperately wanted to buy some, but didn't know what I would make with it, so I resisted. But then I realized I could make baby skirts with it, so then I bought 5 yards. I will be able to keep Jo in sparkly skirts until she's in junior high.

Here's the first skirt I made with it:


The under-skirt is made from an old bridesmaid dress (they have to have some use, right?). I used two layers of the organza to give it a little more color and sparkle.

It's been washed once now, and I'm a little disappointed. Neither fabric shrunk, but the organza rolls up a little at the bottom, so now the under-skirt hangs down an extra 1/2 inch.

If I make another in this same style, I'll be sure to make the under-skirt an inch or so shorter to compensate.  For now, it's still cute. Here are a few pictures of it in action:





Jo loves it, too. She loves dressing up and putting on pretty things.

Love and Stars,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment