Monday, April 22, 2019

Recent Baking Adventures

Fall 2018 - Apple Fritter Bites. Whoa, these were way too easy to make considering how unhealthy and delicious they are. Recipe here, best when fresh.


Jo's Birthday cake, made to her specifications. "Strawberry cake with vanilla frosting, and blueberries on top."


January 2019 - We got snowed in for a week, so to stave off cabin fever, I baked a few recipes from Mastering The Art of Baking

Palmiers (made with homemade puff pastry):


(Not as good as I hoped they'd be.)

Hot Cross Buns:


The recipe called for an apricot jam glaze, but as I had no apricot jam, I used strawberry instead. You can see the difference in color in the first picture. After baking:


These were very rich and filling, and tasted like British Christmas. I did use candied citrus peel (homemade) as the recipe called for, but if I made them again, I'd leave it out. It's not my favorite flavor.

Focaccia:


SO good. End of story.

Micah's Birthday cake (the smash cake, which he didn't actually smash):




And in mid-March, I made 8 dozen lemon cupcakes with raspberry buttercream for a baby shower:


Love and Butter,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment