Monday, April 29, 2019

Pi Day 2019

My husband works in a very geeky office. Naturally, they celebrate Pi Day. In 2018, they had a few store-bought pies. You know, they're okay, but nothing like homemade. This year, I decided to rectify that.

By making 11 pies.


6 of these recipes I had never even made before:
Lemon Meringue - very good
Tart Cherry (made with cherries from our tree) - I've never been a fan of cherry pie, but this one was alright. SUPER tart.
Mississippi Mud Pie - Um, this is delicious
Banana Cream - Not a huge fan of bananas, but this pie was pretty good.
Key Lime - AMAZING.
Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate (I used Joe Joe's instead of Oreos, and Trader Joe's caramel sauce instead of making my own) - Rich and decadent.


I also made:
- Dutch Apple
-Triple Berry
-Apple Berry (my personal favorite)
-Strawberry Rhubarb
-Orange Meringue





It was a delicious day.

Love and Pie,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment