Monday, May 11, 2020

Christmas 2018 (yep) Ornaments

For Christmas 2018, I didn't make quite as many gift as I usually do, and those I did make were mostly 'spa' type gift (bath salts, sugar scrubs, etc.) - nice gifts, but not worth photographing and documenting. I did, however, make this awesome sweatshirt for my sister. I'm super proud of it, because I did that all with freezer paper stencils I cut out by hand!


I usually apply fabric paint with a brush or sponge, but this time, I chose to use fabric spray paint for more even coverage, and it was very worth it! It looks professional, in my unbiased opinion! :)

I also made the mass ornament. This year I went very simple and classic. I made these in a variety of Christmassy color combinations.


As this was Micah's first Christmas, I decided to stick with the idea we did for Jo's first Christmas ornament and choose something Delft. I picked up this adorable bell ornament at a shop in Holland, MI.



Jo was very into Daniel Tiger in 2018, so I really wanted to make a DT ornament for her. (Yep, that's what we call him around here.) I printed out a full-color picture of him, cut out just his face (and ears), and Mod Podged it into a clear plastic ball ornament. Once that was dry, I covered the inside of the ornament with red paint. The idea was that this would be a simple way to make a cute Daniel Tiger ornament. The result?


It's not terrible, but apparently I didn't apply the Mod Podge as thoroughly as I thought, because the red paint started to leak in around the edges of Daniel's face. Oh well. Jo loved it. :)

Love and Mod Podge,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment