Monday, May 18, 2020

Christmas 2019 Ornaments

Hey, look - I've finally caught up to the most recent Christmas!

I made both of our kids' ornaments this year. Jo is still a Daniel Tiger fan, so this year I improved on last year's design. I ordered a photo print (just from Meijer photo) of Daniel Tiger, then cut it out in a circle. I made a disc of Sculpey clay just slightly larger, poked a hole for a hanger, then baked it. I secured everything together with Mod Podge. Much cuter (and less creepy) than last year's!


Micah loves cars and trucks ("vroom vroom!"), so I embroidered him this adorable felt car.


For our en masse ornament this year, I got Jo involved. I put together Christmas tree bases with yarn, painted popsicle sticks, and wooden stars. Then, over several weeks, we would sit down with a bunch of fun craft supplies and she'd decorate the trees. I helped with some of the gluing, but everything got put right where she wanted. (With the exception of the one on the top right below - that one was my idea.)


Why, yes, my four-year-old does know the correct order for the rainbow - and will correct you if you say it wrong. :)

Love and Sequins,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment