Thursday, May 28, 2020

GALAXY HIPPO

This is more recent than many of the items I've posted recently and will share in the next few weeks, but I just couldn't wait to share it any longer!

HGTV Handmade released this video by Meg Allan Cole several years ago, and I admired it because it used a canvas in a way I hadn't ever considered. The clean black and white look is fine if that's your style, but I like a little more color. I thought, "It kind of looks like a constellation; why not make it on a galaxy?" Of course, I'd never painted a galaxy before, so I did lots of research on that, and here's my first ever galaxy painting:


It was so much fun to paint, and it's really not very hard. It takes patience and a lot of layers, but it's a very forgiving craft.

Next, I spent a few hours adapting a picture of a hippo to make it 'geometric', and here's the final result:


I LOVE IT SO MUCH!


This goes straight into my Top 10 favorite things I've ever made.

Love and Hippos,
Leah Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment